Visit My Clinic
- Dr. Elmalem has been proudly serving the York region community since 1994
- Graduate of the University of Waterloo and earned his Doctorate of Optometry Degree from the State University of New York, State College of Optometry in 1993
- Recognized by his peers and faculty for his clinical performance by being awarded the Louis Herrmann Memorial Award for outstanding and compassionate care as well the Ciba Vision award for outstanding performance in contact lenses
- Completed a Binocular Vision and Visual Perception Residency at the State College of Optometry, specializing in Strabismus (crossed eyes), Amblyopia (lazy eyes) and learning related disorders
- Member of The College of Optometrists of Ontario since 1993 and has his Therapeutics certification for ocular diseases by The College Of Optometrists
Dr. Elmalem has a passion for helping those in need and is exemplified by his participation in many Vision Van events and Gift of Sight missions to Morocco and the Dominican Republic. When not in the office, Joe enjoys playing golf, listening to music traveling with his family and is an avid sports fan.